Wednesday 23 July 2014

Too beautiful for earth ..




"An angel in the Book of Life wrote down my baby's birth.And whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth."


Of course words written for the loss of a baby; but it speaks to me too.  

At the time this picture took my breath away.  How could I have produced something quite so perfect; quite so beautiful.  


Leafing through some words I find comfort in this: 

”We can’t know why the lily has so brief a time to bloom in the warmth of sunlight’s kiss upon its face before it folds into its fragrance and bids the world good night to rest its beauty in a gentler place. But we can know that nothing that is loved is ever lost and no one who has touched a heart can really pass away because some beauty lingers on in each memory of which they’ve been a part.” -Ellen Brenneman

Oh my girls.  My precious daughters.  How lucky I was to have two of my own and then to inherit another.  It's only now I really understand the gift I was given.



But still how bitter sweet this weekend was.   I had some of my most precious girls together. How I wish she was looking down at us and seeing that her heart beats in each and every one of us.  

My beautiful daughter Chloe.  



Yet we still live, we still love and life goes on.  There is still joy to be had and it is true that time does something magical.  Oh no it doesn't rob us of the pain.  The pain is too precious as it marks where the loss is. I won't allow it to take my pain away.   But it does soften the blow.  One seems to get used to the loss; as one would the loss of an arm or a leg.  








No comments:

Post a Comment